Thursday, August 5, 2010

Listening

Boy did I have an unrealistic expectation of what to expect for week one. I took a much needed rest day on Wednesday and did a short mile and a half run this morning. It was good, but I was feeling well so I cut it short and I so glad that I did.

It's hard to listen to my body, because I am the type of person who likes to make a plan and stick to it. I tend to beat myself up when I don't, so this is a tough concept for me. Instead of focusing on what I didn't do, I used my time to do things that I have wanted to do.

On a normal day when I skip a workout I would just sleep until the last moment when I absolutely must get out of bed and get ready for work. Then I would rush around like a maniac and usually be late. Instead, on my rest day I used the extra time to watch the news and copy some recipes into my recipe book. This made me so happy because I have been dying to do it!

Today my run was a short one and a half miles, so I had a lot of extra time when I returned. I piled the boys into my car and took them to the dog park for some much needed play time. It was refreshing to be outside while it was still cool and very fun to watch my boys play. It definitely gave me a sense of satisfaction because I won't be home until late tonight and I feel good knowing they got exercise.

Listening had some great benefits for me in the last two days, and I am hoping that I can get even better at listening to what my body is telling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment